Fundraising ideas include:
- Host a ‘Rock Your Socks Off’ dance party, either during a lunch break, or maybe an after-school disco fundraiser with a gold coin contribution.
- Hold a ‘Walk in Someone Else’s Shoes Day’ and bring in clothes to donate to a charity, share the clothes with class-mates and wear something that is not your own for the day.
- Hold a ‘Tech-free’ day and research education around the world using books and story-telling (ask parents, grandparents, teachers, aunts etc.) – make a children’s book and sell these to parents.
- Hold a ‘Movie day’, with a movie that focuses on an issue we are focussing on, for example education in a developing country and ask for donations.
- Hold a ‘Trivia event’ and find out as much as you can about Myanmar, its people and the education system supported by Catholic Mission and make up questions for children to answer. For more information on Myanmar click here
Please contact your local Catholic Mission Diocesan Director or phone 1800 257 296 should you need any extra information or resources, and to inform us of your fundraising activities. Your Catholic Mission Diocesan Director will also be able to provide suggestions for making your fundraising more effective in your school.